Buttons are a very useful thing to know how to do in flash. It’s an easy concept to learn, and is used often. With them you can let players control an almost infinite number of possibilities in your game. They are what makes up menus, video controls, options, and just about anything that can be clicked. In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to make a button in flash.
1. The first thing you’ll want to do is draw your button. Make it whatever you like.
2. Now select your button with the mouse.
3. Press F8 and click on the button option.
4. Name your button something that has to do with what it will be used for. For my button, I’m going to name it btnPlay.
5.Your button is now is in the library, but you aren’t finished yet.
6. Hit Ctrl+L to bring up the library. Find your button, and right click on it. Select the option Edit.
7. Now you can edit it so that it has an over state (is what will be shown when the mouse hovers over the button) and down state (is what will be shown when the button is clicked by the mouse).
8. You’re done. You’ve learned how to make your first button, and gave it an over state and a down state. That wasn’t so bad was it?