When I released my last game, Whack a Mole Revenge, I was on a mission to add it to as many sites as possible. After all, more sites leads to more views. However some sites, such as Mindjolt, will require you to add their scores API before the game is allowed to go live. This is necessary because they use their own scoring system, and it allows them to spread the game to social networking sites like myspace as well. In this post, I’ll be going over step-by-step on how to add their AS2 Scores API.
- Head over to the developers section of Mindjolt and create an account for yourself.
- Now, go to the the API section, which will include the code for you to copy and paste.
- Now that you have the code, you’ll need to edit it a little bit. Just replace yourscorevariable with whichever variable you are using to keep track of score.
- Next, add the code lockroot=true; to the first frame of your game.
- Now that you’ve got the high scores system added, you’ll have to take out any third party score systems, such as the MochiAds high score system.
- This part is optional, but if you don’t want the version without MochiAds high scores floating around the internet, you’ll need to sitelock your game.
- That’s it, you’ve added the Mindjolt high score system. All that’s left to do is submit your game and wait for it to be approved. Then you can start watching the views roll in.