Have you ever sat down to start working on your new game, only to be distracted by something else? It happens to all of us, but if you really want to stay more focused on your flash games, here are some tips.
- Plan your game out. You’ll be surprised how much of a difference this makes. I’m not one to schedule time that I work on my game or anything like that, but I will usually set out my ideas on paper so I can make my game quicker.
- Don’t give yourself any distractions. Leave your browser untouched while making your game, unless you need to check something online for an art or coding reference.
- Take breaks. When you get tired, you’re not going to be focused on your game. Give yourself time to do other things so you don’t get bored of your game.
- If you do find yourself getting tired of your game, remind yourself why you started making it, and how it will turn out once you finish.
- This may not apply to everyone, but I find listening to music helps keep me focused on game making. Sometimes music will even end up influencing some aspects of a game.