Aug.17, 2008 in Flash Development
What size is just right for your game? Here’s a few rules to follow when choosing a game size:
- Keep it smaller than 700×500 (the largest size for kongregate). Even then, it may be a bit too big for most sites.
- For side-scrollers, such as platformers and fighting games, you’ll want a more horizontal screen.
- You’ll want to use a vertical screen for top down shooters and falling games.
- You should use a squarish screen for puzzle games, strategy games, and any other type of game.
- These rules are merely meant to be guidelines. You can set your screen size to whatever you wish, but for the sake of many webmasters, try to keep it small.