Here’s another thing to decide upon when making a game. What is an acceptable frame rate for it? This will depend on a few things. To help you choose the right frame rate, here are some factors to consider.
- What frame rate will work well with your code? Do you have objects that need to be updated every frame. If so, how often do you need them to update?
- What type of animation style do you use? More frames will mean more animating, but will also mean that the changes between each frame will be more subtle.
- Remember that when a gamer plays your game in the browser, the frame rate will be a bit less than what it is on your computer. Make sure your frame rate compensates for this.
- Movies use a frame rate of 24, so keep that in mind when choosing your frame rate.
- The higher the frame rate, the more CPU intensive the animations will be.
- Frame rate is a maximum speed limit of sorts. It keeps more advanced computers within the frame rate.